We are looking to add new talent to our team!
As we continue to grow our operations, we are looking for talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the B-MOOC Factory team. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled member experience for our community, we really want you to apply.
At B-MOOC Factory, we aim to create an environment that is supportive, where everyone cares, diverse, and as fun as we love it. We offer a competitive compensation and a great working experience.
If you are interested any of the following position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER MANAGER
The Instructional Designer Manager is part of the « Pedagogical Team ».
For each MOOC and its unique and diverse environment, the Instructional Designer will be a flexible thinker, result oriented (the best knowledge transfer to the learner) able to work with the:
- other member of the « Pedagogical Team” to :
- build a flipped classroom pedagogical approaches and scenario,
- write the specification of a highly engaging, clear, instructionally effective and media rich online content (text, audio and video scripts),
- « Studio Team » to deliver MOOC materials,
- « Technical Team » to make MOOC materials implemented within the chosen platform.
- « Run Team » to :
- create course communication style guides for learner,
- train and coach those who will animate the course, manage discussion and discuss on content topics with learners (Teacher assistant, E-tutor, etc.)
The instructional designer should also close each project and enrich B-MOOC best practices, by using learning analytics and metrics to help the revision process.
- Education : Master’s Degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design or related field.
- Skills in :
- communication and interpersonal
- problem solving, complex and multiple projects
- project management (coordination, time management, deadline compliance)
- innovation and curiosity in relevant areas,
- technologies (Video and screencasting , LMS Platform experience, xml, HTML, CSS, Adobe Design Suite, Camtasia or Captivate experience. Experience with web 2.0 collaboration tools),
- Experience in
- training industry, start-up,
- gaming and learning analytics
EDX Opensource Software Engineer (Python)
The EDX Software Engineer is part of the « Technical Team ».
At B-MOOC we are using EdX learning platform, under an AGPL licence, includes both the LMS (Learning Management System) and Studio, a tool for creating courses. We also use other parts of the system, such as the XBlock component architecture for courseware, machine-learning-based grading such as EASE, the discern tool, deployment tools, interfaces to external grading systems and Python execution utilities.
B-MOOC Factory is looking for engineers who can contribute to its EDX Open Source learning platform. We are a small team with a startup, lean culture, committed to offer to our clients EDX open-source platform services that scales and dramatically changes the face of education.
Our ideal candidates are hands on developers who understand how to build scalable, service based systems, preferably in Python and have a proven track record of bringing their ideas to market.
- Education : BS in Computer Science from top-tier institution
- Skills in :
- developping with Python and/or other dynamic development languages,
- agile development practices, in Scrum or Kanban
- building Service based architecture
- project compliance (test, documentation, deadline, etc.)