Here are B-MOOC recommendations
Anyone can buy a video camera but it’s what it is done with it that counts. With experienced and skilled “Studio Team” you can get the best shots in the time available. Done poorly there is a risk to have the opposite effect and actually put people off. Professional videos will look better, be more effective and present your course and you image in a more professional light.
Your objective is to showcase any aspect of your course in an engaging and exciting way. It provides an insight into the course allowing your learners to see first-hand what they can get from you and what makes you more “pedagocical” than your competitors.
Here are some date, that shows how pertinent is to think about a Video strategy
Video pedagocical efficiency
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco)
- 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. (Source: Zabisco)
- When you stimulate both the auditory and visual senses, you end up with a retention rate of 68%.
Video marketing efficiency
- Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts. (Source: SEOmoz)
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females. (Sources: comScore and Nielsen)
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video. (Source: Internet Retailer)http://clicktotweet.com/mU38A
Mobile video usage
- Mobile video viewing increased 35% from 2010 to 2011. (Source: Nielsen)
- 25 million smartphone users stream 4 hours of mobile video per month. 75% of smartphone users watch videos on their phones, 26% of whom use video at least once a day. (Sources: Ooyala and Ipsos)
- Mobile video subscription is expected to hit $16 billion in revenue by 2014, with over 500 million subscribers. (Source: Ooyala)
We recommend to
- use visual content for your course. It is a powerful tool,
- make an assessment of existing content,
- write specifications for the « Studio Project »,
- identify the availability of trainers and their assistant during shooting,
- work with trainer to prepare shooting,
- industrialize the « Studio Project » process,